Glass & Glazing
Residential Glass & Aluminium Products in North Queensland
North Queensland Glass & Glazing has a premium selection of sliding doors available for purchase.
The Carinya Classic Sliding Door is one of the most popular residential products in this category. Originally designed for commercial use, it combines aesthetics and performance flawlessly.
Instead of the ugly exposed tracks found in many residential doors, Carinya uses a threshold and jamb in-fills, along with end caps, to conceal its cavities. This results in excellent quality while eliminating areas for insects, dirt and grit to gather.
It also features a concealed weather flap that reduces air and water infiltration and minimises insect intrusion through the drain holes. All Carinya sliding doors come with different sill configurations which enables them to cater to every weather requirement. They even feature a wheelchair accessible sill.
The entire Carinya Collection has been fully tested to meet or exceed Australian Standards AS2047, AS1170, AS1191 and AS3959.
The Carinya Classic Sliding Window provides a unique combination of form and function which is rare in residential collections. Carinya has many visible advantages over the alternatives, aside from its apparent aesthetic superiority:
– Exclusive handle located on the mullion for ease of access and cleaner lines.
– Inbuilt weather flaps – a feature of all Carinya windows
– to reduce air and water infiltration, cover drain slots and minimise insect intrusion.
– Proprietary adjustable, non-corrosive roller system
– the ‘engine room’ of these high-performance windows
– provides a smooth gliding motion that makes the window a joy to operate.
– Anti-lift block fitted above the sash to prevent manipulation and increase security.
– Mullion and transom end caps that ensure insects have no place to hide. The entire Carinya Collection has been tested to meet or exceed Australian Standards AS2047, AS1170, AS1191 and AS3959.
Along with a modern designer look, the Carinya Classic Awning Window has many useful performance features that are not present in competing products. These include:
– A designer bevelled edge frame is standard for Carinya awning and casement windows and a wide sash for high-end residential applications is also available.
– The integrated hinge design is incorporated entirely within the frame to achieve the clean designer finish.
– Flexibility is another hallmark of all Carinya windows. There’s a choice of slimline 50mm or premium 92mm frame options. The entire Carinya Collection has been tested to meet or exceed Australian Standards AS2047, AS1170, AS1191 and AS3959.
Double Hung Windows
If you are would like to install beautiful and functional double hung windows at your home, North Queensland Glass & Glazing can deliver the ideal product.
The Carinya Classic Double Hung Window is a slimline design that complements both older and newer homes, giving them a designer look.
Carinya has many advantages over alternative products, aside from its evident aesthetic qualities. These include:
– Specifically designed to accommodate screening within the head and sill to deliver that clean, professional finish.
– The Carinya attention to detail includes bump stops top and bottom to prevent frame damage.
– Full perimeter weather piles reduce air and water infiltration.
– A choice of lockable or latchable handles are available. The entire Carinya Collection has been fully tested to meet or exceed Australian Standards AS2047, AS1170 and AS1191.
As the weather begins to warm up, it’s time to start thinking about opening your space. Glass enclosures transform an enclosed area, to create a sense of seamless flow between indoor and outdoor spaces. Enjoy sunshine, air flow and a sense of open space in your home today.